Budgeting is both an art and a science. This CPE course covers both sides of budgeting. Learn how to apply leading-edge tools and methods to make your planning process more strategic and your budget process more flexible. Your budget should not lead to “turf wars” over coveted resources. You will experience how to build a set of decision-making processes early on and how to use them to make smart resource allocation choices that benefit your entire organization. You will also explore ways to have your planning and budgeting process work to increase the potential for higher earnings.
- Measuring the impact strategy has on company spending
- How nonfinancial performance impacts a budget’s success
- Finding the true drivers of costs and expenses
- Visionary and game-free planning and forecasting
- Ways to rally and strengthen the process
- The balanced scorecard approach to budget reporting
- Finding the right balance among people, profits, and controls
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Move your current method of budgeting and planning to a more sophisticated level.
- Solve many high-level budget problems.
- Have multiple ways to increase accountability to the budget and plan.
- Develop your revenue budget faster and based more on reality.
- Develop a process for calculating the return on investment for expenses and headcount increases.
- Make your budget dummy proof.
- Measure people’s activities to build a performance-based budget
Who Will Benefit?
- CFOs, controllers, financial manager/analysts, and budget managers/analysts
Prerequisite: At least two years of experience preparing budgets and conducting planning
Advanced Preparation: None