Depository and lending institutions are among the most regulated industries in the world. This CPE course provides you with expert guidance on the accounting, tax, and auditing fundamentals for depository and lending institutions, as well as other financial institutions. It includes practical worksheets, helpful insights, and proven best practices that will help you plan efficient and effective audits and reports.
- Regulatory and governmental supervision
- Audit planning, risk assessment, and analytical procedures
- Loan receivables and loan quality
- Credit losses
- Cash, investments, intangibles, hedging instruments, repurchase agreements, troubled debt, foreclosures, real estate investments, and deposits
- Equity and capital
- Shadow banking
- Income taxes
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Determine the impact of applicable accounting pronouncements to the financial institution industry and its regulatory environment, including the effects of the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Identify the types of risks applicable to the financial institution industry.
- Pinpoint certain audit considerations and reporting issues that are unique and critical to banks and financial institutions.
- Recognize specialized audit planning and testwork relating to audit areas, including loan receivables, credit losses, cash, investments, foreclosed and real estate investments, deposits, and equity.
Who Will Benefit?
- Experienced auditors who perform audits of financial institutions
Prerequisite: General audit knowledge or experience
Advanced Preparation: None