In today's complicated world, CPAs carry an increasing burden of public trust. As in the past, they are expected to give sound, ethical advice on accounting matters. Yet, what used to be an end is now just a beginning. The press, the government, business leaders and others look to CPAs to bring judgment, honesty, clarity and transparency to many murky issues. This course goes beyond just "the rules" to discuss broader and deeper issues affecting the profession and your role in it.
- Interactive format that drives home the difficulty of reaching ethical decisions
- Challenging and thought-provoking case-based discussion
- Designed to expand your thinking beyond traditional CPA roles
Upon completion of this course, you will
- Grapple with difficult ethical dilemmas CPAs face in the private and public sectors
- Be able to determine the function of ethics in society today - and why is it so critical
- Know why just "following the rules" isn't enough
- Know what it means to be a leader and a CPA
- Understand how high the ethical "bar" should be set - "Caesar's Wife" (beyond suspicion)
Who Will Benefit?
CPAs in any role interested in business development and marketing in order to grow their firm or to improve the revenue of their organization.
Prerequisite(s): Management experience
Advanced Preparation: None
This course has been developed by the Business Learning Institute. The Business Learning Institute, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org