|Available Formats:||Text | See All|
Previously titled: Accounting for Income Taxes: Applying Temporary and Uncertain Tax Positions
This course will cover the growing complexity and difficulty in the application of income tax accounting rules. You will gain an in-depth understanding of these rules and issues and how to address them. The content is delivered via active scenarios and practical exercises. These learning activities are used to teach participants specifics which they can use to apply ASC 740 (formerly SFAS No. 109 and Fin 48). In addition, you will discover the impact that IFRS has had on accounting for income taxes and the impact of dealing with other accounting standards in conjunction with ASC 740.
- Comparison of ASC 740 (SFAS No. 109) to IAS 12
- Accounting for Uncertainty in Income Taxes
- Business Combinations and Fair Value Leases
- Implications of Convergence of GAAP and IFRS, Regulated Enterprises, Leveraged Leases, and Quasi-Reorganizations
- ASC 718-Stock Compensation
- Intraperiod Tax Allocation Using ASC 740-20
You are armed with relevant information on the many complex issues of ASC 740. This knowledge will help you become more successful at assisting your clients to navigate these types of complex tax scenarios.
Prerequisite: Accounting for Deferred Income Taxes. Experience in financial reporting and basic knowledge of ASC 740 (SFAS No. 109)
Advanced Preparation: None