Many new CPAs are not familiar with two of the local CPA firm’s most popular engagements: compilations and review of private companies. Shorten your learning time and increase your earning time by taking this hands-on CPE course. First, you will learn what distinguishes a compilation and review from a traditional audit. Then, after an overview of current SSARS standards, you will walk through the steps of a compilation engagement followed with the same for a review engagement to increase concept comprehension and retention.
- Compilation and review engagement fundamentals
- Performing and reporting on compilation and review engagements
- Special purpose, and other compilation and review engagements
- Sample compilation and review reports
- Inquiry and analytical procedures
- Latest developments, including the SSARSs Clarity Project and the issuance of SSARS No. 21, Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services: Clarification and Recodification
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the activities required to perform a basic compilation and review of financial statements.
- Draft the accountant’s report.
- Document the engagement in accordance with professional standards.
Who Will Benefit?
- CPA firm attest staff, including paraprofessionals, who are new to performing compilation or review engagements
- CPAs requiring a refresher on compilation or review engagements
Advanced Preparation: None