AICPA's Tax Staff Essentials, Level 3 – Tax Senior/Supervisor
This comprehensive, integrated curriculum provides tax training for four different experience levels – New Staff (Level 1), Experienced Staff (Level 2); Tax Senior/Supervisor (Level 3); and Tax Manager/ Director (Level 4).
This course is part of Tax Staff Essentials, Level 3 – Tax Senior/Supervisor which identifies the more difficult areas for experienced tax compliance specialists. This level will give staff Seniors and Supervisors the confidence necessary to begin assuming client and engagement management responsibilities.
This course will help you recommend tax positions given new IRS focal points S corporations. This course is highly useful during annual tax planning for the closely-held business operating (or considering operating) as an S corporation. In addition, proven techniques for tax planning are reviewed as refreshers for manager and partner participants.
- S Corp current developments: tax planning impact
- Shareholder compensation planning
- Use of qualified subchapter S subsidiaries (QSUB)
- Use of qualified subchapter S trust (QSST)
- Liquidation, reorganization, or redemptions
- Estate planning and the use of trusts
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Apply the rules related to acquisitions and liquidations of S corporations.
- Explain the uses of trusts as S corporation shareholders.
- Understand the complex rules of basis and distributions.
- Explore the use of redemptions in S corporations.
Advanced Preparation: Three to five years of tax experience