On-Demand Format – Coming Soon!
Discover how to use trusts, family limited partnerships and insurance in estate planning strategies to minimize taxes and enhance the accumulation of income. These strategies will provide in-depth analysis of how and why they work in addition to the estate, gift, and generation-skipping tax implication for each.
- Review the current estate, gift, and generation-skipping tax laws
- Learn how family limited partnerships are used in planning and the tax effects
- Planning strategies involving qualified interests (GRAT/ QPRT), life insurance, and charitable split interest trusts
- Analysing options for using grantor trusts in estate plans
- Learn how to incorporate asset protection into your client’s estate plan
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Advise clients with the latest tax law changes regarding estates and trusts
- Identify key compliance and filing issues with Forms 706 and 709
- Identify estate planning opportunities using various types of trusts
- Identify issues involved with decanting, when it should be used, and possible tax consequences
- Describe advantages and disadvantages of using partnerships and family limited partnerships in estate planning
Who Will Benefit?
- CPAs, professional accountants with fiduciary tax experience, financial advisors, and estate attorneys
Basic knowledge of estate and gift taxation