AICPA's Tax Staff Essentials, Level 2 – Experienced Staff
This comprehensive, integrated curriculum provides tax training for four different experience levels – New Staff (Level 1), Experienced Staff (Level 2); Tax Senior/Supervisor (Level 3); and Tax Manager/ Director (Level 4).
This course is part of Tax Staff Essentials, Level 2 – Experienced Staff. Designed for junior tax staff who want to take on a wider variety of firm engagements and establish a supervisory role within the firm. The Tax Staff Essentials courses establish a strong set of skills necessary to grow the abilities and confidence of junior and senior level staff, allowing them to work with greater independence and expand their role in your firm
This course will address some aspects of leadership in connection with work teams and group development. It will look at the role leaders play in workplace communication and examine communication skills for discussion leaders. The importance of effective communication cannot be underestimated. A leader’s ability to communicate greatly reduces misunderstandings in the workplace, and significantly improves project management.
- Communication and work teams
- Communication for leaders
- Difficult communication
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the common types of difficult communication patterns found in the workplace, and how to cope with these situations.
- Understand the difficult communication patterns that may occur between men and women.
- Identify and cope more effectively with hostile communication patterns that may occur in the workplace.
- Recognize the communication patterns that occur before and during the formations of teams.
- Explain the role of conflict in work teams, and approaches for dealing with the conflict.
- Explain communication issues a leader must consider before beginning discussions with a group.
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of communication skills
Advanced Preparation: None