This Update is being offered on multiple dates and times. At bottom of page, select the date/time that best fits your schedule.
Discover the tax information and understanding of not-for-profit
organization issues you need to prepare the current Form 990. This
course will cover the numerous tax reporting demands the 990 imposes,
including how to respond to its inquiries. Participants will gain the tax
knowledge necessary both to complete Form 990 properly and advise
exempt clients on the Form’s complexities and demands.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify which organizations must file returns and which are exempt.
- Understand where to file returns, due dates, and amending returns.
- Interpret the basics of accounting methods to be used on tax-exempt returns.
- Prepare and use Forms 990, 990-EZ, and related schedules.
- Tax Issues facing not-for-profits
- Form 990 and all related schedules
- Keys to getting Form 990 preparation right the first time
- Identifying and reporting on related organizations
- Compensation reporting
- Financial information presentation
- Transactions with interested persons
- Governance, management, and disclosures
Field of Study: Taxes
Important Information on Your CPE Credit
Who should attend:
CPAs, attorneys, and nonprofit managers
How To Access The Webcast
- Click the link provided in your order confirmation.
- Register for your event by entering your information and click "Register."
- After registering, the confirmation page will display a page with a link to "test your system" Webinar Compatibility Test. Please ensure that you have 3 green "passed" indicators and that the video plays successfully prior to the event. Your computer must pass this test to access this event. (For technical support, please call AICPA Member Services at 888-777-7077)
- The event will be open 15 minutes prior to the start - use the link above to attend.