Win Your Race: Inspire Innovation. Realize Results.
The 2013 Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference, in partnership with the Association for Accounting Marketing Summit, will help you define a clear path for the future by providing you the latest learning, tools and technological information to keep you on the cutting edge.
Gain knowledge on the most current business management and practice management topics. Explore the emerging technologies, and how the dramatic shift towards mobile and cloud-based solutions have changed the way business is being conducted. And uncover new marketing and business development techniques that can help you better focus on where you want to go, and how you are going to get there.
Expertly Developed Sessions Providing the Complete ‘Firm Retreat’
Practitioners Track Sessions:
- Practice Management: Focus on helping to evaluate your firm’s area of strength, both external and internal, how to price, grow revenue, and prepare for restructuring, merging or acquiring.
- Opportunity: Experts perform a total assessment of your firm’s current position, develop new acquisition and retention strategies, and to help you target new opportunities.
- Accounting & Auditing: Keep current on critical issues and developments, including the Clarity Project (SAS No. 122) and the pending decision by the SEC regarding the adoption of IFRS.
- Tax: A comprehensive overview of the latest tax issues, addressing hot topics such as estate planning, healthcare reform, retirement planning and federal and state income tax rulings.
TECH+ Track Sessions:
- Crossover: For attendees who may not necessarily be technologies focused, but are looking to gain some high level knowledge of the tools and technologies they may touch and be exposed to in their daily lives.
- Core: The core of the TECH portion of the conference, these sessions are geared to the technology enthusiast. They are generally more technical than crossover and many explore technologies and trends identified in the AICPA’s Top Technologies Initiative Project and examine them at a much deeper level.
- Masters: These sessions are generally more advanced than those found in both the core and crossover tracks. They take concepts identified in the AICPA’s Top Technologies Initiative Project and examine then at a much deeper level.
Practical Track Sessions:
- A dynamic series of interactive panel discussions, case studies, and best practices spearheaded by experts with experience in implementing change. Get hands-on, real world practical guidance on a cross-section of topics, including payroll, employee benefits, and the value of utilizing cloud-based solutions in your accounting firm.
In Partnership with:
AAM Marketing Sessions:
Once again, the 2013 AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference is being held in conjunction with the Association for Accounting Marketing’s (AAM) Annual Summit. For ideas on how to promote and grow your firm and its practice areas, attend one of dozens of marketing and business development sessions. Designed for professionals of all experience levels, sessions are offered in three session categories:
- Marketing Communications/Digital Media: Focusing on traditional marketing and new electronic media, experts share how to: build simple and effective marketing plans with limited budgets and resources; design websites using search engine optimization, pay per click and various social media strategies that drive business to your firm; bring your firm and its professionals to life by incorporating video into your marketing mix; convince the press to write about your firm; and generate leads by differentiating your firm from the competition.
- Business Development – Gain knowledge and insight on growing your firm and making the sale through: understanding why clients chose your firm; maintaining a pipeline of hot prospects; analyzing your existing client base for cross-sell opportunities; using a team-based approach to client service; improving your proposal and the proposal process; effectively integrating marketing and sales; and developing a thought leadership program that demonstrates your expertise.
- Practice/Personal Development – Get ideas to help your firm and professionals grow by: building strong relationships with clients, prospects, referral sources and employees; motivating employees and co-workers to succeed; creating an environment of accountability at all levels; leveraging goodwill to create business; and staying ahead of the competition by developing new client services.
New for 2013! Learning Paths to Enhance Your Conference Experience
As part of the complete ‘firm retreat’ at this year’s AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference in Partnership with the Association for Accounting Marketing Summit, our subject matter experts and thought leaders have designed ‘Learning Paths’ to help guide your experience at the conference. Each session within the Learning Paths, has been recommended by our Committee and subject-matter experts, as a suggested path to provide you with superior learning and content designed to provide you with new ideas and practical solutions to help you successfully handle today’s key challenges.
Click here to learn more about the Learning Paths.
Be sure to take part in these dynamic interactive, audience-driven sessions where attendees speak up and create their own shared experience of opinions on a varying range of subjects.
For three exciting days, we invite you to be a part of this enriched learning experience, network with the best and brightest, and develop strategies that will not only boost immediate profits but create new opportunities moving forward.
New for 2013! The AICPA Emerging Partner Summit – June 9th
Attention Emerging Partner Alumni! The Emerging Partner Summit is a new program specifically designed for Emerging Partner Training Forum I and II alums. Not only will the profession’s brightest thought leaders resume coverage of a wide range of management topics, emerging partners will also engage in multiple roundtable discussions in order to reconnect and encourage creative responses to common practice challenges. More information available here.
PCPS firm members - Save an Additional $125.00: Go to www.aicpa.org/pcpsdiscount to access promotional code to ensure exclusive PCPS member firm pricing.
IMTA Section Members and CITP Credential Holders Save an Additional $100.00/$125.00 respectively: When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
► Find out more information on the IMTA Section or CITP Credential.
Please note. The PCPS discount cannot be combined with the IMTA Section/CITP discount.
Optional Activities for Attendees of the Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference in Partnership with the Association for Accounting Marketing Summit on Sunday, June 9th and Wednesday, June 12th!
Hoover Dam Tour
Sunday, June 9
9am – 1:00pm
Check off two of your “Top Las Vegas Experiences” with one excursion! Join us for a tour of the Hoover Dam, one of the country’s most significant man-made structures. A National Historic Landmark, the Dam is just a short bus ride away from The Las Vegas Strip. We will take a private touring coach to the Dam where our group will have access to the Visitor Center, a lectured presentation by professional staff, a 25 minute movie of the dam’s original construction, and plenty of time to explore the indoor and outdoor observation decks. On the way back, we will stop at the Ethel M. Chocolate Factory and botanical gardens. To register, simply add PSTECH-HOOVER to your cart under the Workshop tab.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
1:00pm – 3:30pm
$75/person – Limited to 45 attendees
Yes! Really! Zappos has one mission: to provide the best customer service possible. Internally, they call that their WOW philosophy. As marketers, we are constantly striving to develop that same philosophy within our firms. Now you too have the opportunity to take a walk in a Zapponian’s footsteps and see the culture first-hand. You will be guided on a 60-minute tour of the Zappos Headquarters followed by a 30-minute Q&A session where you will be introduced to different departments, and become Zappos Royalty! Transportation to and from Zappos headquarters will be provided and is included in admission fee. To register, simply add PSTECH-ZAPPOS to your cart under the Workshop tab. Space is limited to 45 attendees on a first come, first served basis.