Our Social Security system provides retirement, disability, and survivor benefits to millions of Americans. The long-term future of Social Security and Medicare is uncertain, triggering concerns for many workers who are now paying into the system. In this CPE course, learn what matters, cover real-world situations and use the tools provided to advise your clients to make optimal decisions when it comes to Social Security and Medicare.
- What Medicare will and will not do
- Managing Medicare gaps
- Analyzing the wide menu of Social Security benefits
- Social Security benefits for workers and families: retirement, survivor, disability, and death benefit
- Tax impact of social security premiums and benefits
- Impact of the new 3.8% Medicare surtax on investment income
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the role of the Social Security Administration and how FICA applies to the funding of Social Security, and Medicare benefits.
- Identify the benefit eligibility issues.
- Determine Social Security benefits and the implications retirement age has on those benefits.
- Identify what types of Social Security survivor benefits are available.
- Describe the disability income benefits and the multiple factors that can impact those benefits.
- Identify coverages and costs associated with Medicare and what it does not cover.
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of Social Security and Medicare
Advanced Preparation: None