Gain hands-on experience with case studies designed to simulate real-world scenarios and common problems in today’s not-for-profit environment. This CPE course goes beyond theory to show you in practical terms how to navigate the key issues that arise in NFP accounting and auditing.
- Financial statement requirements
- Net asset classifications
- Consideration of fraud
- Promises to give
- Distinguishing contributions from exchange transactions
- Auditing contributions
- Contributed services
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Recognize financial statement presentation deficiencies.
- Properly apply the three net asset classifications.
- Understand key considerations in the auditor’s identification of fraud risk factors.
- Identify the accounting differences between contribution and exchange transaction revenues.
- Discuss key issues relating to the recording and valuation of contributed services.
- Properly apply concepts related to contributed services.
Who Will Benefit?
- Nonprofit professionals responsible fo accounting and reporting
- Auditors of not-for-profits
Prerequisite: Experience in the not-for-profit environment
Advanced Preparation: None.