This course will introduce you to the financial forecasting process, beginning with the sales forecast, continuing with the projected income statement and balance sheet, and concluding with use of the financial forecasts for decision-making purposes. It explains the basic forecasting model and illustrates how the percent-of-sales method is used to prepare the projected income statement and balance sheet.
- Explain the purpose of forecasting to nonfinancial executives in your company
- Determine what 'basic' assumptions are necessary in preparing the first-past forecast
- Compute the external funds needed (EFN) requirements for a company using the percent of sales method to prepare a sources and uses of cash equation
- Determine when an asset or liability is spontaneous
- Prepare the first-pass forecasted balance sheet
CGMA designation holders qualify for discounted pricing on this product. In order to receive your special pricing, you must be registered and signed in. View the complete list of development products available on CGMA.org.