Get your tax return training from the industry’s best! AICPA’s corporate tax workshop provides the latest practical insights from nationally recognized tax experts. Reinforce your understanding of frequently used principles, and receive a wealth of tax-planning tips and strategies. Learn how to apply the latest changes when preparing federal income tax returns, and advise clients on new developments and tax-saving ideas for corporations. All key tax return issues are covered during this CPE course. Make sure you are armed with the latest tax guidance as you enter the upcoming tax season!
- S Corporation qualifications and election
- C Corporation IRC Section 1244 Stock
- Cash and accrual accounting methods
- Revenue recognition methods
- Expensing versus capitalization rules
- Dividends, interest, and other income
- Employee benefit and retirement plans
- Net operating losses
- Passive activities and at-risk limitations
- PPACA: Net Investment Income Tax; Medicare Tax
- Tax return disclosures
- Sale of properties
- Other taxes: AMT, accumulated earnings tax, personal holding
- Tax payments and penalties
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of forming a corporation.
- Apply the rules for transfer of assets and liabilities to a new corporation.
- Review the accounting methods available to a corporation.
- Understand reasonable compensation issues with respect to a C Corporation and S Corporation shareholder-employees.
- Analyze the best retirement plan recommend for a corporation.
- Recognize economic performance, including issues and deduction limitations related to bad debts, rent, tax, and interest expense.
- Determine the availability of tax credits and other entitlements related to retirement plans for a corporation.
- Accurately apply financial turmoil and bankruptcy rules.
Who Will Benefit?
- CPAs working with clients or employers requiring up-to-date expertise in corporate income taxation for the current tax season
Prerequisite: Knowledge of individual income taxation and Form 1120 preparation
Advanced Preparation: None