What exactly is an IT Audit? The concept of these audits have different meanings to individuals within an organization depending on what part of the organization you work in. Some of these audits have to be performed to maintain a compliance standard while others permit management to sleep better at night. What do they mean to you? Is the data secure? Is employee information secure? Is the organization protected from external hackers? What is the impact on the organization's financial statements?
This session will cover the different types of IT audits a CITP may be asked to perform and whether they are appropriate for your organization. In addition, the benefits your organization can derive from having these audits performed will be discussed to show why they should be included in your auditing toolkit.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Distinguish the various categories of IT Auditing
- Determine the components of each type of IT Audit (Planning, Performing, Supervision, Reporting)
- Learn how you can perform these audits within your organization
- Determine the Professional Standards applicable to each type of IT Audit
- Learn how to apply sampling techniques and when
- Discover ways to deal with exceptions or deficiencies
- Draw conclusions on your work that are supported by solid evidence
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge & Application
Important Information on Your CPE Credit
IMTA Section Members and CITP Credential Holders Save $20.00: When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more information on the IMTA Member Section.
How to Attend this Webcast
Test your system: https://university.learnlive.com/systemtest.aspx (and review the system requirements tab)
On the day of the event: