This Update is being offered on multiple dates and times. At bottom of page, select the date/time that best fits your schedule.
Designing a Sound System of Internal Controls
Revenue and cash receipts are two critical areas that require strong controls to prevent intentional fraud or unintentional misstatements. While there is well-publicized fraud in these areas in larger companies, it also occurs in smaller businesses and nonprofit entities. A sound system of internal controls is needed to help prevent fraud occurrence. All too often, a “one-size-fits-all” system is put in place without considering the uniqueness of each entity. It is crucial that an internal control system is
tailored so that the areas of greatest risk receive the most attention.
This course teaches you the common frauds in the revenue and cash
receipts processes. You will become aware of internal controls that
can mitigate various risks, and you will be able to develop an analysis
process to ensure efficient and effective risk management.
- Frauds Caused by Fraudulent Financial Reporting
- Common Fraud Risks Within the Revenue and Cash Receipt
- Analysis of Controls for Effectiveness and Efficiency
- Estimating the Cost/Benefit of Correcting a Control Weakness
- Control Implementation Ideas
Who should attend: Business owners, managers, supervisors, accountants, and auditors
Field of Study: Auditing
Important Information on Your CPE Credit
How To Access This Webcast
Your participation in this event is will be tracked through pop-up participation markers that randomly appear throughout the event. You must click the marker in order to register your participation. You will not be able to earn CPE Credit if you fail to click on the appropriate number of participation markers. View details on participation alertness markers.
- Click the link found in your order confirmation email.
A copy of your order confirmation can also be found in your My Account on CPA2Biz.com under Order Tracking and History.
- Create a new username and password under New Users Register Here
(If you already have an account on www.AICPAconferencematerials.com please log in under Returning Users. Also note, your AICPA/CPA2Biz username will not gain you access to this website.)
- After creating your account (or successfully logging in), the confirmation page will display a Webinar Compatibility Test. Please make sure you have 3 green checkmarks prior to the event. [See System Requirements Below]. Your computer must pass this test to access this event. (For technical support, please call Digitell, Inc. at 800-679-3646)
- Click on My Webinars, locate the webcast and launch.
Accessing Your Certificate:
After successfully completing the webcast, from the My Webinars page, click on Take CPE Evaluation to complete the evaluation, and receive your CPE certificate.