Do you have the confidence and communications skills necessary to serve as an effective expert witness under pressure? Are you often chosen to serve as an expert witness by outside clients? How do you communicate to jurors today that are more technical and have different expectations of testimony and witnesses? Limited to just 36 participants, the AICPA Expert Skills Workshop answers all of these questions and covers the expert witness process from qualifications to depositions to mock trial.
In three intensive days, you will:
- experience a real-life courtroom atmosphere
- present to practicing experts and attorneys
- be personally critiqued
- benefit from hands-on training
- testify in a mock trial
This blend of classroom lectures and instant personal feedback will provide the key framework for developing the “real life” skills you need to succeed as an expert witness.
Ensure your spot at this interactive workshop, and register today!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Practitioners with minimal to no testifying experience who need a safe environment to develop their skills
- Experienced testifying experts who wish to refine and advance their skills
|FVS Section Members/ABV/CFF Credential Holders Save an Additional $100:
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com
Find out more information on the FVS Section.
Pre-workshop Webcast Series
With Your Workshop Registration
Gear up for this challenging workshop with our companion webcast series. Three sessions will help you prepare by reviewing basic concepts and highlighting the fact pattern of either your choice of a business valuation or damages case study developed for the workshop. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more details.
Webcast 1: Key Basic Concepts of Economic Damages
September 10 - 2:30-4:30pm EST
- Dan Delaney, J.D., Partner, Commercial Litigation Practice Group, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP, Chicago, IL
Jeff Litvak, Senior Managing Director, Forensic and Litigation Services,FTI Consulting, Chicago, IL
- Brad Preber, CPA/CFF, CFE, CCA, National Managing Partner, FVS, Grant Thornton LLP, Phoenix, AZ
Webcast 2: Business Valuations in Litigation: The Basics
September 11 - 2:30-4:30pm EST
- Neil Beaton, CPA/ABV/CFF, CFA, ASA, Managing Director, Alvarez & Marsal Valuation Services LLC, Seattle, WA
- Stacy Collins, CPA/ABV/CFF, Managing Director, Financial Research Associates, New York, NY
- Ron L. Seigneur, CPA/ABV/CFF, CGMA, MBA, ASA, CVA, Managing Partner, Seigneur Gustafson LLP, Lakewood, CO
Webcast 3: Rules, Reports, Testimony and Trials in Canada
September 3 - On-Demand
- Philip C. Levi, Levi & Sinclair LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants, Montréal, Québec