This course will cover several emerging issues under discussion by the Expert Panel. These include implementation issues surrounding ASU 2011-07 (display of patient service revenue) and ASU 2010-24 (display of malpractice and similar liabilities), as well as practice issues related to accounting for costs of ICD-10 conversions and accounting for meaningful use incentive payments.
Benefits: Participants will also hear about how practitioners are dealing with emerging practice issues as well as potential guidance under consideration by the Expert Panel.
- ASU No. 2011-07: Health Care Entities (Topic 954), Presentation and Disclosure of Patient Service Revenue, Provision for Bad Debts, and the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts for Certain Health Care Entities
- ASU No. 2010-24: Presentation of Insurance Claims and Related Insurance Recoveries
- ASU No. 2010-23: Measuring Charity Care for Disclosure
- GASB Statement No. 64, Derivative Instruments: Application of Hedge Accounting Termination Provisions - an amendment of GASB Statement No. 53
- GASB Statement No. 63, Financial Reporting of Deferred Outflows of Resources, Deferred Inflows of Resources, and Net Position
- GASB Statement No.62, Codification of Accounting and Financial Reporting Guidance Contained in Pre-November 30, 1989 FASB and AICPA Pronouncements
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Healthcare Field
Advance Preparation: None