This Update is being offered on multiple dates and times. At bottom of page, select the date/time that best fits your schedule.
Alternatives to GAAP can be more useful, relevant, consistent, and cost-effective for countless non-SEC registered businesses. This course provides the practical information you need to prepare financial statements presented in accordance with a "special purpose framework" (SPF) (previously known as other comprehensive basis of accounting (OCBOA)). SPFs discussed include the cash basis, modified cash basis, income tax basis, and AICPA's Financial Reporting Framework for Small and Medium-Sized Entities.
Special Purpose Framework options
Differences between GAAP and Special Purpose Frameworks
Presentation and disclosures
Audit, compilation, and review reports
Financial Reporting Framework for small-medium sized entities
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the types of entities for which a SPF basis of accounting is most appropriate.
- Recognize the main differences between the most common accounting methods used under GAAP and several SPFs.
- Identify the steps to prepare financial statements, both statements and disclosures, in accordance with SPFs.
- Define how to prepare audit, compilation, and review reports for financial statements presented in accordance with a SPF.
Who should attend this event:
Industry accountants involved with financial statements in accordance w/spec. purp. frameworks
Field of Study: Accounting
Important Information on Your CPE Credit
How To Access This Webcast
Your participation in this event is will be tracked through pop-up participation markers that randomly appear throughout the event. You must click the marker in order to register your participation. You will not be able to earn CPE Credit if you fail to click on the appropriate number of participation markers. View details on participation alertness markers.
- Click the link found in your order confirmation email.
A copy of your order confirmation can also be found in your My Account on CPA2Biz.com under Order Tracking and History.
- Create a new username and password under New Users Register Here
(If you already have an account on www.AICPAconferencematerials.com please log in under Returning Users. Also note, your AICPA/CPA2Biz username will not gain you access to this website.)
- After creating your account (or successfully logging in), the confirmation page will display a Webinar Compatibility Test. Please make sure you have 3 green checkmarks prior to the event. [See System Requirements Below]. Your computer must pass this test to access this event. (For technical support, please call Digitell, Inc. at 800-679-3646)
- Click on My Webinars, locate the webcast and launch.
Accessing Your Certificate:
After successfully completing the webcast, from the My Webinars page, click on Take CPE Evaluation to complete the evaluation, and receive your CPE certificate.