Gain hands-on experience with case studies designed to simulate real-world scenarios and common problems in today’s not-for-profit environment. This CPE course goes beyond theory to show you how to navigate the key issues that arise in nonprofit accounting and auditing.
- Net asset classifications: unrestricted, temporarily restricted, and permanently restricted net assets
- Promises to give
- Contributed services
- Distinguishing contributions from exchange transactions
- Capital campaigns and special events
- Allocation of costs relating to fundraising
- Financial statement requirements
- Fundraising events
- Split-interest agreements
- Consideration of fraud
- Naming rights
- Auditing contributions
- Assessing internal control deficiencies
- Audit issues related to the statement of functional expenses
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the accounting differences between contribution and exchange transaction revenues.
- State key issues relating to the recording and valuation of contributed services.
- Identify key accounting issues related to pledges and special event costs associated with a capital campaign.
- Recognize financial statement presentation deficiencies by reviewing an incorrectly prepared statement.
- Employ important auditing concepts to a statement of functional expenses.
- Discern effective audit procedures to employ in response to identified fraud risk factors.
- Analyze critical concepts involved in auditing contributions.
Who Will Benefit?
NFP professionals responsible for accounting and reporting and auditors of not-for-profits
Prerequisite: Experience in the nonprofit environment
Advanced Preparation: None
Not-for-Profit Section Members Save an Additional 20%!
When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section/credential discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Should you have any questions or encounter any issues, please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more information on the NFP Section.
Enhanced On-Demand Format
This enhanced on-demand format features audio and voice narration to keep you actively engaged with the course content. Additionally, updated course navigation allows you to easily move throughout the material. For your convenience, a PDF version of the text manual is included for download to use as a reference guide.