AICPA's Fundamentals of Forensic Accounting Certificate Program
This course is part of the Fundamentals of Forensic Accounting Certificate Program – a comprehensive, integrated curriculum - covering AICPA's entire Body of Knowledge in this topic area. The program will provide you with the training, knowledge, and practical guidance needed for a solid understanding of financial forensics. Credit for individual courses purchased can be applied to the full program when you enroll within one year of the original purchase date. Please visit cpa2biz.com/forensic for information on the complete program.
This course provides a high-level overview of the divorce process and the roles of Forensic Accountants that work on the financial aspects of divorce cases. Our overview employs two different situations to give learners a broad understanding of the field and what is expected.
- Describe the different types of divorce cases
- Explain the different roles of a forensic accountant in divorce cases
- Describe the qualifications a forensic accountant needs to take on a divorce case
- Define tracing and valuation and its importance in a divorce case.
- Describe the phases of a divorce case (discovery, findings etc) from a forensic accountants perspective
- Discuss the importance of learning and following each state’s family law guidelines
FVS Section Members Save an Additional 20%! When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or encounter any issues.
Find out more information on the Forensic and Valuation Services Member Section.
Advanced Preparation: None