AICPA's Forensic Accounting Certificate Program
This course is part of the Forensic Accounting Certificate Program
- a comprehensive, integrated curriculum - covering AICPA's entire Body of Knowledge in this topic area. The program will provide you with the training, knowledge, and practical guidance needed for a solid understanding of financial forensics. Credit for individual courses purchased can be applied to the full program when you enroll within one year of the original purchase date. Please visit cpa2biz.com/forensic
for information on the complete program.
This course explains the difference between a traditional auditor and forensic accountant, lists the characteristics of a forensic account, and describes the possible role a forensic accountant can have during a client engagement.
FVS Section Members Save an Additional 20%! When you log into this website with your AICPA member user account, the section discount will be automatically applied during checkout. Please contact the AICPA Service Center at 888-777-7077 or email@example.com if you have any questions or encounter any issues.
Find out more information on the Forensic and Valuation Services Member Section.
Advanced Preparation: None
- Distinguish between a traditional auditor role and a forensic accountant role
- Identify professional credential programs for a forensic accountant
- List important characteristics of a forensic accountant
- Identify the type of engagements performed by forensic accountants
- Using AICPA’s Rule 102 for Professional Conduct, describe why engaging a potential client for your forensic accounting services may or may not be a conflict of interest