This course is part of the XBRL U.S. GAAP Certificate Program
This course will focus on XBRL tagging of the goodwill and intangible assets disclosure using the U.S. GAAP Taxonomy, with a focus on specific issues and best practices to follow when working on these disclosures.
- Using a case study example, learn the steps in the process for tagging a goodwill and intangible assets footnote.
- Identify the facts for levels one through four tagging required by the SEC.
- nderstand the structure of the U.S. GAAP Taxonomy and locate the appropriate tags for the concepts in the goodwill and intangible assets footnote.
- Learn how to use dimensions to efficiently tag the footnote and determine whether extensions are necessary.
- Understand how to appropriately create the values in the instance document for the goodwill and intangible assets footnote.
Required Prerequisite: None
Completion of all XBRL Fundamental and Statement course modules.
Advanced Preparation: None