This course covers the fundamentals you need to know regarding review engagements. You will learn about Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS) and walk through a traditional review engagement. In addition you will explore inquiry and analytical procedures along with reporting requirements for these engagements.
- Review engagement fundamentals
- Performing and reporting on review engagements
- Inquiry and analytical procedures
- Special purpose and other review engagement modifications
- Latest developments, including the SSARSs Clarity Project and the issuance of SSARS No. 21, Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services: Clarification and Recodification
- Sample review reports
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the activities required to perform a basic review of financial statements.
- Draft the accountant’s report.
- Document the engagement in accordance with professional standards.
Advanced Preparation: None