|Available Formats:||Paperback | See All|
You have a tax season system, whether it’s documented or not. But does your system reflect thoughtful planning and training, or does each tax season become a head-long scramble to the finish line? Are you getting the most out of each of your staff members, or do partners perform work that preparers should do, cutting into partners’ time to see clients?
Managing Your Tax Season will give you fresh insight into tax preparation—and very likely result in significant improvements to your current system. You will learn to analyze your existing tax season system and target problems so that work will be more efficient, errors will decrease, and personnel, including you, will feel less stressed. Most importantly, a well run tax season will make your clients happier and more loyal.
Tax season management expert Edward Mendlowitz covers everything you need to know in order to improve your tax season system, including guidance on how to:
• Manage seasonality with seasonal staff, outsourcing, technology, and extensions
• Leverage technology, including suggestions for peer-to-peer training
• Discover cross-sell opportunities in pre-year-end planning
• Turn client tax organizers into tools to improve tax season efficiency and client loyalty
• Train staff to effectively implement your tax season system
• Create best practices for return preparation and review
• Determine—and raise—your fees
Numerous sample checklists, letters, charts, and Excel tax comparison worksheets—all thoroughly tested by Mr. Mendlowitz—will help you implement this guidance in your next tax season. The book also includes the author’s website and email address so you can contact him directly.