This course covers the guidance in IAS 28 Investments in Associates and IAS 31 Interests in Joint Ventures and IFRS 11, Joint Arrangements. IFRS 11 replaces IAS 31; we will cover both in this course. IFRS 11 is required as of January 2013.
- Determine whether their investment qualifies as an associate
- Determine the IFRS-appropriate accounting for associates
- Recall the principles for financial reporting by entities that have an interest in arrangements that are controlled jointly (i.e. joint arrangements)
- Determine the type of joint arrangement in which they are involved by assessing its rights and obligations
- Determine how to account for those rights and obligations in accordance with that type of joint arrangement
Note: Accessible immediately after completing the purchase process on www.cpa2biz.com