This course discusses the initial classification, recognition and measurement of intangible assets under IAS 38. It will also cover measurement and other issues subsequent to initial recognition.
- Define an intangible asset, a research activity and a development activity
- Determine the proper initial measurement for an intangible asset acquired through purchase or through internal development
- Determine the subsequent measurement for an intangible asset and explain the proper year-end accounting and reporting activities for intangibles and research and development expenditures
- Apply the six capitalization criteria for development expenditures
- Explain the rules for amortization of intangible assets
Note: Accessible immediately after completing the purchase process on www.cpa2biz.com