This Update is being offered on multiple dates and times. At bottom of page, select the date/time that best fits your schedule.
Managers, supervisors, and accountants in business, government, or nonprofits are unable to identify their departmental policies and procedures that function as the primary controls against errors and fraud. Additionally, auditors performing field work may be confused about how to interpret and evaluate management's documentation of accounting processes and controls. Neither party may truly understand how their duties differ.
This webcast gives you a solid understanding of systems and control documentation. After an overview of the latest COSO guidance on the components and principles of effective internal control, you are introduced to basic tools used to document an effective accounting process. Identify the risks of errors and fraud in the accounting system, the key controls and weaknesses of compensating controls.
This webcast explores valuable examples that illustrate how to interpret basic documentation of significant accounting processes and detect the risks of fraud and errors.
- Fundamental Components and Principles of Internal Control Integrated Framework and Small Business Tools Reports
- Management Responsibilities vs. Auditor Responsibilities
- Common Significant Accounting Processes
- Fraud Risks for Major Classes of Transactions
- Tools and Techniques Used for Internal Control Documentation
- Estimating the Cost and Benefit of Remedying a Control Weakness
- The Seventeen Principles Underlying Each Componet of Internal Control
Field of Study: Auditing
Important Information on Your CPE Credit
How To Access This Webcast
Your participation in this event is will be tracked through pop-up participation markers that randomly appear throughout the event. You must click the marker in order to register your participation. You will not be able to earn CPE Credit if you fail to click on the appropriate number of participation markers. View details on participation alertness markers.
- Click the link found in your order confirmation email.
A copy of your order confirmation can also be found in your My Account on CPA2Biz.com under Order Tracking and History.
- Create a new username and password under New Users Register Here
(If you already have an account on www.AICPAconferencematerials.com please log in under Returning Users. Also note, your AICPA/CPA2Biz username will not gain you access to this website.)
- After creating your account (or successfully logging in), the confirmation page will display a Webinar Compatibility Test. Please make sure you have 3 green checkmarks prior to the event. [See System Requirements Below]. Your computer must pass this test to access this event. (For technical support, please call Digitell, Inc. at 877-796-1325)
- Click on My Webinars, locate the webcast and launch.
Accessing Your Certificate:
After successfully completing the webcast, from the My Webinars page, click on Take CPE Evaluation to complete the evaluation, and receive your CPE certificate.