On-Demand Format – Coming Soon!
Master the fundamentals of auditing employee benefit plans in accordance with AICPA and EBSA standards and avoid the problems that are often encountered. Explore the accounting and auditing requirements unique to employee benefit plans. This course is designed to give you an understanding of requirements and audit procedures related to defined contribution, defined benefit, and health and welfare plans to help you more effectively plan and carry out your audit.
- Common plan types
- GAAP vs. ERISA reporting requirements
- Recent developments
- Filing and audit requirements
- Planning the audit and assessment of risks
- Prohibited transactions
- Overview of tax compliance
- Internal control and understanding unique to employee benefit plans
- Understanding and auditing 401(k), defined contribution, defined benefit, health and welfare, and employee stock ownership plans
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Audit employee benefit plans in accordance with AICPA and EBSA standards
- Design specialized audit tests
- Plan the scope of an audit
- Understand the structure of the more popular employee benefit plans
- Understand accounting requirements unique to employee benefit plans
Who Will Benefit?
- Auditors providing employee benefit audit and accounting services, benefit plan administrators and employees of companies with responsibilities for accounting and reporting for plan benefits.
Advanced Preparation: None